Tag Archives: O. D. Finch

O. D. Finch

1859               264 3ed Street, East of the Post Office, Dayton, Ohio.

O. D. Finch was recorded in an announcement and an advertisement.  The announcement ran on September 5, 1859 in the Dayton Daily Empire (Dayton, Ohio).  The Presentation at Springfield.  On Saturday evening last, the Oregon Fire Company of this city went up to Springfield, for the purpose of presenting the Rover Fire Company of that city with a Large Photographic Picture….The Photograph was an excellent front view of the Oregon Engine House , flanked by 73 members of the company.  It was about 3 ft. in length by 2½ in breadth, and had about it a magnificent frame.  The Photograph was by Mr. O. D. Finch, of this city, and is a credit to them and the art….

The advertisement ran from September 20 to December 14, 1859 in the Dayton Daily Empire.  (Dayton, Ohio).  Opening Of New Daguerreotype & Photographic Rooms, (September 6th.) At the Gallery of Art, 264, 3ed Street, East Of The Post Office.  The Subscriber Respectfully informs his friends and patrons, that he has resumed his old business of Daguerreotyping in connection with his Gallery of Painting, for which purpose he has fitted up rooms in the most elegant style, over his Picture Frame and Looking Glass Store.  Having secured the services of Mr. O. D. Finch, who has the reputation of being one of the most skillful Photographist in the West, he thinks he cannot fail to render the most entire satisfaction to all who want a faithful likeness.

Picture Frames of every description, and looking Glasses of all sizes, always on hand, or made to order.        sep 6.   T. W. Cridland.

O. D. Finch is not recorded in other photographic directories.