Tag Archives: Knapp & Field

Knapp & Field

1856                477 Broadway, New York, New York.

Knapp & Field (William R. Knapp & James B. Field) were recorded in two advertisements in The New York Herald (New York, New York).  The first advertisement appeared on October 31, 1856.  Knapp’s Colored Improved Durable Ambrotypes and daguerreotypes, 50 cents, including case, twice the size others give for the money, at the only Knapp’s gallery in the city, 477 Broadway, near Wallack’s theatre.  Everybody gets them.  Knapp & Fields.

The second advertisement appeared on December 13.  Knapp’s only Gallery of Ambrotypes, Daguerreotypes and Melainotypes, 477 Broadway.  J. B. Fields, Proprietor.

Both William R. Knapp and James B. Fields are recorded in other photographic directories but not as part of a partnership.