Tag Archives: William Loyd

William Loyd

1856                522 Broadway, New York, New York.

William Loyd was recorded in five advertisements in The New York Herald (New York, New York) in association with Langenheim Brothers.  The first advertisement appeared on April 7, 1856.  W. Loyd’s Improved Stereoscope, with F. Langenheim’s new series of American views— Niagara Falls, Genesee Valley, The Pottsville Coal Region, and other new views. A large assortment just received, by Benj. Pike & Sons, 518 Broadway.

The second advertisement appeared on August 6, 1856.  Loyd’s Patent Improved Stereoscope, with Langenheim’s new series of American views, upon glass, and colored to nature.  Publication office 522 Broadway, opposite the St. Nicholas.  William Loyd, sole proprietor of Langenheim’s stereoscopic views.

The third advertisement ran from September 3 to 6, 1856.  Langenheim’s Stereoscopic Views upon glass.—Just received, a fresh supply of new and interesting scenery.  Dealers supplied at the publication office and photographic studio of William Loyd and F. Langenheim, 522 Broadway, opposite St. Nicholas Hotel.

The fourth advertisement appeared on December 13, 1856.  Loyd’s Improved Stereoscope Case with Langenheim’s views upon glass.  Sold by Pike & Sons; B. Pike, Jr., and Appleton & Co.  Dealers furnished with the above.  Terms cash.  William Loyd.  188 Chestnut street, Philadelphia, and 522 Broadway.

The fifth ad appeared on December 26, 1857.  The American Stereoscopic Company’s New series of views on glass and colored to nature are sold by Benjamin Pike & Sons, Benj. Pike, Jr., Wiley & Halstead, Broadway; F. J. Emmerich, 111 Fulton street.  Dealers supplied by Langenheim, Loyd & Co., Philadelphia.

William Loyd also spelled Lloyd is recorded in Craig’s Daguerreian Register as William Lloyd, but does not include the Langenheim connection.