1856 316 North Second, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
George William (M.) Snyder of the firm Lovatt and Snyder was recorded in the Photographic and fine Arts Journal (New York, New York) on April 1, 1856. In an article entitled the Photographic Galleries of America. Number Two, Philadelphia. The author visited 57 Galleries in Philadelphia. Lovatt & Snyder.—Passably fair pictures, from the situation of gallery &c., should suppose it was for the accommodation of the lower twenty.
George William (M.) Snyder is recorded in other photographic directories but is included here because of the first-hand account of his work. There seems to be some confusion as his name John list him as George W. (M.) Snyder, Directory Of Pennsylvania Photographers 1839-1900 records him as George William Snyder, but as a side note as G. W. M. Snyder between 1856-1860.
 Not all first names or complete addresses were recorded in article. Craig’s Daguerreian Registry and Directory Of Pennsylvania Photographers 1839-1900 was used to assist in identification when possible first name and address were added.