Tag Archives: Lovatt & Snyder

Lovatt & Snyder

1856                316 North Second, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.[1] 

Lovatt & Snyder (George W. or M. Snyder) were recorded on April 1, 1856 in the Photographic and fine Arts Journal  (New York, New York).  In an article entitled the Photographic Galleries of America.  Number Two, Philadelphia. The author visited 57 Galleries in Philadelphia.

Lovatt & Snyder.—Passably fair pictures, from the situation of gallery &c., should suppose it was for the accommodation of the lower twenty.

Lovatt & Snyder are recorded in other photographic directories, but are recorded here because of the first hand account of their work.

[1] Not all first names or complete addresses were recorded in article.   Craig’s Daguerreian Registry was used to assist in identification when possible first name and address were added.