1859 Sandusky Street, Evans’ Brick Building, Delaware, Ohio.
Wilson & Coulter were recorded in two advertisements and one announcement in the Delaware Gazette (Delaware, Ohio). The first advertisement ran from March 25 to October 21, 1859. Wilson & Coulter’s Ambrotype & Photograph Gallery. Persons wishing a fine and life-like Picture should call at Wilson & Coulter’s. Their pictures, for fineness and durability, are unsurpassed in the State. They make the drapery to original color, thus giving to the picture a beautiful life-like appearance. Pictures taken as cheap at this gallery as at any other well regulated gallery in the State. They warrant their pictures not to fade, as their plan for putting them up is the best in the State. All are invited to call and examine their fine collection of specimens.
Rooms in Evans’ Brick Building, Sandusky street, west side, between the Sash Factory and Shoub House. Pictures taken as well in cloudy weather as in clear.—Instruction given in the art. March 18, 1859.
The first announcement appeared on June 17, 1859. We are under Obligations to Messrs. Wilson & Coulter for a photograph of Rev. Dr. Thomson. It is a beautifully executed picture and a most truthful and life-like likeness.—These gentlemen (whose advertisement will be found in another column) have recently added to their facilities for operating, and are prepared to execute orders in their line in the most satisfactory manner, both as regards style of work and prices.
The second advertisement ran from October 28 to December 2, 1859. Wilson & Coulter Will make you a better Picture for 50 cents than any Premium Picture or no charge will be made. Call and examine specimens. Rooms in Evan’s Brick Building, Main street; Sign of American Flag.
Wilson & Coulter are not recorded as being active in Ohio as partners. After looking through Ohio Photographers 1839-1900 it is possible Wilson is R. T. Wilson who was active in Delaware, Ohio from 1859-1863. Only one Coulter is recorded C. D. (Aka C. C.) who is recorded in Kalida, Ohio in 1859-1860. Kalida is between 90 and 100 miles away (using modern roads). It is unknown if the information collected is from a 1859/1860 city directory or if it is from two separate directories.